Benefits of the Early College STEM pathway
- Potential to graduate High School with an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science
- Save Money - less classes needed to take in college
- Save time - Only 2 years left of college after HS graduation or can go directly to the workforce
- Dual Credit & Dual Enrollment classes will be through Daley College and can be applied to these 4-year Universities:
- City Colleges of Chicago
- DePaul University
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- Southern Illinois University
- Governors State
- FISK University
- East West University
- Northern Illinois University
- Roosevelt University
- Dominican University
- University of Illinois Chicago
- Gain industry certifications and credentials
- Get hands-on career focused experience
- Work directly with STEM professionals
CTE (Career Technical Education)
- CTE gives high school students the chance to get a head start on preparing for college and careers.
- You will learn how core school subjects like math, science and writing are used in real-life.
- Opportunity to participate in hands-on training in your chosen program and gain real world experience through job shadows and internships.
- Opportunity to earn nationally recognized certifications which you can use to get a job, that will help you pay for college, or start off your career straight out of high school!